The General Science & humanities Option of the diploma course is geared toward students whose interests and skills in science are more cross-disciplinary than those students who pursue traditional majors in chemistry, computer science, mathematics, physics and English. The educational objectives of the Option are to produce graduates:
- who are well versed in a broad range of topics in the sciences, humanities, and the arts and have a broad knowledge of the sciences.
- who can demonstrate possession and application of higher-level learning skills in critical thinking and problem solving as applied to science issues.
- who can effectively apply the scientific method.
- who can utilize the cross-disciplinary research literature to analyze and synthesize science issues and their socio-economic and political implications.
- who in their future careers will be able to work both on cross-disciplinary teams and function independently as specialists in technical field.
Graduates of the program are expected to demonstrate:
- Civil Engineering (120 seats)
- Mechanical Engineering (120 seats)
- ELECTRICAL & ELECTRONICS ENGINEERING (60 seats)
HOD GENERAL ENGINEERING
8606 205 786
JITHA P N
RAFEEQ T K
SUDHA M R